Thursday, September 1, 2011

The End of Summer

 
Today I took the kids out to take pictures.  We do this every year right before school.  The end of summer is hitting me like I did not expect.  For the last three weeks I have longed for some alone time and to have a few minutes just to myself.  Honestly I would like to just listen to music and be able to finish listening to an entire song without being asked a question about how the earth spins, what is check mate or how do chickens poop!

I must say though that it has been an amazing summer of relaxing, having fun, listening, crying, laughing, swimming and hanging out at the beach.  I am blessed indeed to be able to spend as much time as I do to be with these two amazing little people.  They make me better and I love them so.  I get to listen to their amazing conversations, I get to break up their fights, I get to have breakfast with them EVERY SINGLE morning.  I get to watch them create and watch them veg-out (we all need it).  And then there are some sweet moments that I get to be a part of.  I get to see them love on each other.  I get to have them on my lap when I am trying to work just so they can tell me how much they love me. (yep now I am crying!) Sometimes I think I need to be more like them!

RRR and CMR you are amazing and I love you both so much.  I am sorry for my faults and my short temper.  Thank you for an amazing summer and for loving me so much! You are the raddest kids I know!!!!


 

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Now I'm crying too.

Love you guys.

So much.