Monday, July 18, 2011

Water



Coming back from El Salvador is always weird for me.  Yesterday I was making dinner and I got a pot of water to boil pasta and saw "something" in the water.  I dumped it and got more and went on with making dinner.  While I was watching it boil I was reminded of how people in El Salvador just can't dump out the dirty water and get more.  It makes me sad.  See the water is dirty to begin with and they have one maybe two barrels of water. They get their water from a truck that brings them water once a week.  They use that barrel for everything, cooking, bathing, drinking, washing clothes; everything you use water for. 

I can not imagine not giving my kids or family clean water.  I can not imagine running out of water and I can not image how much time it would take to make those barrels last.  I pray that we will all remember how blessed we are to have clean water and that we can use it without having to worry or think about it.

To help bring clean water to the people of El Salvador go here.

No comments: