Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Fun in the Sun

This weekend I was in a car for over 1000+ miles with some of the best people in the world.  For the first hour I just stirred out the window then I fell asleep.  I can sleep anywhere and I love to sleep. Our first destination Santa Cruz.  JM and I went here on our 6 month anniversary of being married and we have returned almost every year there after.  Every year it gets better as the kids make the boardwalk an exciting place to play.  I got so sick after the 20th spin ride and I had to stop.  JM braved it out with them and thankfully the kids still love the kiddy rides!





I had a blast taking pictures all weekend as it gave me time to just be. It was little moment of solitude with God looking through my lens.  I enjoyed the moments and it resulted in over 630 pictures taken!




After a great day at the board walk we grabbed a pizza and headed to the light house where they stayed in the car (because it was so cold) and I took pictures from the coast line until my trigger finger was frozen. It was well worth it.  We ate our pizza in the car as the sun disappeared into the night.



Then on Saturday morning we headed out to Sacramento to celebrate JM's grandmother's 85th birthday.  It was relaxing and fun.  She is amazing and we love her dearly.  She has the best backyard ever.  She grows raspberries from which she makes the most amazing freezer jam from.  She has birds and crazy stuff all around, rocks and bottles; I always get lost just taking picture of all her crazy stuff. 

 RRR & CMR with their Great-Grandma Gibbs







We ended our time in Sacramento going to Grandma's church with her and visiting her bother's grave.  He fought in the Korean War and we took flowers to the grave site and listened to her tell stories of their childhood and living during the depression. 


1000+ miles later we where back at home.  It was a great to get away and a wonderful time with family.

1 comment:

ashley said...

She absolutely makes fantastic jam. Miss you guys, glad you had a great weekend!!