Thursday, May 27, 2010

Thankful Thursday week 21

This photo reminds me of God's Strength & Grace.
Taken Jan. 2010, CMR

Oh, what a week. I found myself thinking often about how other mom's and career mom's do it. Do what? Work, take care of their husband, kids and the dog? How do they make breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks? How do they work, go grocery shopping, wash, dry, fold and put laundry away? How do they clean the floors, clean the toilets, clean the pee that their 4 year old left on the floor of the bathroom (right in front of the toilet)? How do they attend to their clients, get paid? How do they put the dishes away twice a day, make beds, vacuum, answer their cell, emails, give love and attention to their family and friends? And that is only the half of it. Then you through in a broken toy that your son wants you to return at the mall and take your daughter to church and have open house at school, taxi the kids around 40 miles a day, give love and showers and so my questions is how?

Somehow I do. Somehow with God's strength and grace I am able.

I felt a little bitter this week because I was overwhelmed with doing. I wanted to just leave the laundry to pile up and leave the dishes in the sick and the beds unmade and the pee on the floor for someone else to clean up. But I didn't. But I DID let that little boy go to school with his underwear backwards, it did not seem to bother him! There where many times I had to say sorry to JM, CMR, & RRR because I was cranky. But I also got to tell them why I was. So here comes the thankful part.

I know that I have a blessed life and a great opportunity to be able to use my time wisely. I am blessed to be able to work at a successful job from home that provides well for my family. Because of that blessing I am able to shuttle my kids around to school everyday. I get to get them ready in the morning, feed them, make their lunches and talk with them as we go to school. I DO get to drop them off and leave them at school for a few hours!!! Hurray for mommy!!! Then on some days I come home and clean clean clean, work, answer emails meet with clients and have coffee with dear friends! Then I get to go pick my kids up from school and I get to see their faces as they run towards me with arms wide open screaming MOMMY, jump into my arm and say hi! Then into the car for back and forth arguing about who knows what from the kids, to get home to making dinner (sometimes good and sometines...well...not so good). But we always have something to eat.

And so Thankful Thursday is mighty this week as I look back upon my frustrations and all that i have been able to do and know that I am truly thankful for this great life where I get to work, volunteer, be a friend, pray for people, be a mommy to 2 great kids and love my husband much! Thank you Lord!

No comments: