Saturday, September 10, 2011

Being Here


This last week I worked on a board for a client that was invited into his high schools Hall of Distinction.  Years of images that I put together of his life.  When talking with him about it he said "I have had a great life and God has been so faithful."  Oh how true that is.  It made me reflect on my own life and our family.  I felt desperate to slow down and JM email me this;"Just reading Jenny’s dads bio reminded me of how fast life goes bye and how we need to slow down.It almost seems impossible.  What does that mean, slow down.  How do you slow down running two companies, raising two kids, church, school, PhD program, and all that comes with life.  We can't really but we can take time to take some deep breathes, be present in each other lives and rest together.  Some of the best moments for me this week have been stopping and hugging my kids and my husband.  Writing notes for JM as he leaves for work to let him know how much I love him and how proud I am of how hard he works.  Talking with RRR in the kitchen.  Having lunch with CMR and holding him as he tells me about school.  Living in the moments that matter and being open to change.  God continues to provide and continues to open doors, my job is to walk through them with my whole family.  

His love never fails. 

No comments: